Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. These smashed potatoes are the pastry of potatoes!
We eat potatoes at least three nights a week. They are filling, they are gluten-free, and vegan too if you use olive oil instead of butter, and most importantly they are delicious.
I make them in dozens of different ways. These are a family favorite. You can add all sorts of toppings, though I like to keep it simple with a little rosemary, salt and pepper.
Added bonus, these are great leftover with eggs the next morning! I just throw them on my griddle to reheat them. Or you can make them fresh for your weekend brunch. They go great with mimosas … and eggs.
See below the recipe for “best result tips”!
Quick Ingredient List
1-½ – 2 pounds baby new potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Video below the recipe!Print
These roasted rosemary potatoes are an easy side dish for all your favorite meals!
- 1–½ – 2 pounds baby new potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes in water until tender. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine salt, pepper and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Place the potatoes on your parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Using the bottom of a glass, smash each potato. (To prevent the potatoes from sticking to the glass, brush the bottom of the glass lightly with olive oil.)
- Brush each potato with olive oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt, pepper and rosemary mix.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes at 400.
- Increase heat to 425 and roast another 10 minutes.
Tips for Best Results
Using small new potatoes is the key to success in this recipe. The yellow ones are my favorite as the texture is perfect for this recipe.
Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. You can also lightly spray, but the potatoes crisp up better on the bottom with parchment.