This is my most favorite Pork Carnitas recipe! I love anything I can make in the slow cooker. Nothing is as great as having your dinner made before 10 am. The carnitas are full of flavor, juicy AND crispy. The perfect combination. (This post contains affiliate links so you know which products and kitchen tools I use.)
Do you have questions about this recipe? DM me on Instagram and I will get them answered! Remember, no cooking question is a dumb question! I’m here to help.Print
A delicious and simple way to make carnitas in your slow cooker. The perfect Taco Tuesday meal!
1 (4 pound) pork roast (shoulder or butt)
12 ounces honey beer
5 cloves garlic, smashed
2 oranges, juiced
1 lime, juiced
2 chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon oregano
4 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 bay leaves
- In a bowl, whisk together beer, orange and lime juice, garlic, sugar, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour into slow cooker. Add chipotles and bay leaves.
- Add pork roast to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Pork will be tender and shred easily with a fork when finished.
- Once the pork is cooked, preheat your broiler to high heat and prepare a baking sheet by spraying lightly with olive oil.
- While oven is heating, use a fork to shred the pork in the slow cooker.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the shredded pork to your prepared baking sheet. Getting as little juice as possible. (Don’t discard the juices though, you will use them again!)
- Place baking sheet under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until the edges of the pork begin browning and crisping up.
- Remove the sheet from the oven, then ladle about 1/4 cup of the juices from the slow cooker evenly over the pork, and then give it a good toss with some tongs.
- Broil for an additional 2 minutes to get the meat a little crispier.
- Serve immediately!
Keywords: Slow cooker, carnitas, tacos